Inconel 600 is a nickel-chromium alloy used for applications that require corrosion and high temperature resistance. This nickel alloy was designed for service temperatures from cryogenic to elevated temperatures in the range of 2000° F. It is non-magnetic, has excellent mechanical properties, and presents the desirable combination of high strength and good weldability under a wide range of temperatures. The high nickel content in Inconel 600 enables it to retain considerable resistance under reducing conditions, makes it resistant to corrosion by a number of organic and inorganic compounds, gives it excellent resistance to chloride-ion stress-corrosion cracking and also provides excellent resistance to alkaline solutions. Typical applications of this nickel alloy include the chemical, pulp and paper, aerospace, nuclear engineering and heat treating industries.
In what form is Inconel 600 Available at Mega Mex?
- Pipe & Tube (welded & seamless)
- Fittings (i.e. flanges, slip-ons, blinds, weld-necks, lapjoints, long welding necks, socket welds, elbows, tees, stub-ends, returns, caps, crosses, reducers, and pipe nipples)
What are the characteristics of Inconel 600?
- Resistant to a wide range of corrosive media.
- Virtually immune to chlorine ion stress corrosion cracking
- Excellent mechanical properties
- High strength and good weldability under a wide range of temperatures
Chemical Composition, %
Ni + Co
In what applications is Inconel 600 used?
- Chemical industry
- Heat treating industry
- Pulp and paper industry
- Food processing
- Nuclear Engineering
- Gas turbine components
Fabrication with Inconel 600
Alloy 600 can be both hot formed and cold formed using typical processes. Hot working should be performed between 1600° F and 2250° F avoiding any work between1200-1600° F because the ductility decreases in this temperature range. Welding Alloy 600 can be achieved via shielded metal-arc welding, TIG, and MIG.
Typical room temperature Tensile Properties of Annealed Material
.2% Yield (ksi)
Rod & Bar
Rod & Bar
Tube & Pipe
Tube & Pipe