Forms of Zeron 100, super duplex stainless steel available at Mega Mex
- Welding Products
Zeron 100 Overview
Zeron 100, super duplex stainless steel, is a highly alloyed stainless steel designed for use in aggressive environments. High strength, toughness, excellent corrosion resistance and its resistance to corrosion in a wide range of organic and inorganic acids are just a few characteristics that make this duplex stainless steel attractive to a variety of industries. Lastly, it is highly resistant to strong alkalis and resists corrosion in many non-oxidizing acids.
Use of this super duplex stainless steel is not recommended when it involves extended exposure to temperatures greater than 572° F. This exposure causes a substantial reduction in toughness.
Notice the chemical composition of duplex 2507 and Zeron 100 are similar however; Zeron 100 contains slightly more copper and tungsten. The copper content (min. 0.5, max 1.0) permits excellent resistance to corrosion in many non-oxidizing and mineral acids like hydrochloric and sulfuric acid
What are the characteristics of Zeron 100, super duplex stainless steel?
- Guaranteed corrosion performance (PREn ≥ 40)
- Excellent corrosion resistance in mineral acids such as hydrochloric and sulfuric
- High resistance to pitting and crevice corrosion
- Excellent resistance to stress corrosion cracking in both chloride and sour environments
- High resistance to erosion corrosion and corrosion fatigue
- Excellent mechanical properties
- Possibility for weight reduction over austenitic, standard duplex and nickel base alloys
- Good weldability
Chemical Composition, %
In what applications is Zeron 100, super duplex stainless steel used?
- Oil and gas industry applications
- Pollution control
- Pulp and paper
- Power generation
- Flue-gas desulfurization
- Chemical, pharmaceutical
- Mining and mineral industries
- Marine industries
Pipe & Tube
A790, A928, A789
Room Temperature, Solution Annealed Condition
Tensile Strength, ksi
.2% Yield Strength, ksi
% Elongation in 50mm
Zeron® 100 is a registered trademark of RA Materials.